Friday, February 1, 2013

Little Bee Review


I really thought I was going to love this book but after reading it I have mixed feelings on it.  While the scene on the beach was horrific it was quick the author breezed over it a little two quickly and there seemed to be some quirky things that bothered me.  For example after the funeral Sarah's mom and sister are at the house and she asks them to leave her alone but they never questioned the fact that there was suddenly a Nigerian girl in her house.

Another thing was at the beginning of the book it seems like the Batman costume is a result of Charlie's father's death but then it becomes clear that he was wearing it before the death. It would make more sense if he began wearing it after the padding based on his reasons for wearing it.  Not to mention Charlie draws some unbelievable conclusions for a four year old especially about his mom's relationship with Lawrence.

Once I got past these little quirky things I did like the plot of the story and I actually did really enjoy the plot of the story I just wish some of the details were a little more consistent. I am glad I read it and I would recommend it but let me know if these same things bothered you....

No comments:

Post a Comment